Re: Can I rename field aliases in Survey123 form without losing data?

08-20-2020 07:16 AM
JamesKelly4
Occasional Contributor

Hi James Tedrick‌, thanks again for pointing me in the direction of that article. I did add a field to my survey without losing any data just like the article said (yay!). However, I forgot to set the alias name when I first republished it with the new field so when I downloaded the data (via DownloadSurvey123Data.py) my new field was the same as the label ("Business Name"). This is a totally different format than all of my other field names (i.e., all lower case, underscores instead of spaces). I tried retroactively setting the alias in xlsform and republishing via Connect, but it is still downloading in label format. Is there a way I can change the alias without losing any data? Or is there a workaround I could include in DownloadSurvey123Data.py so that it captures the field name as "vendor" instead of "Business Name"? If it is helpful, the question name in the 'name' column of the xlsform is "vendor" also. Thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi James,

Yes, you can change the alias name via the Item Details of the feature service.

0 Kudos
JamesKelly4
Occasional Contributor

Hi James Tedrick, thanks! Where can I access the Item Details? Can that be done in Survey123 or ArcGIS Online or some other method? Thanks again!

0 Kudos
JamesKelly4
Occasional Contributor

Hi James, can you point me in the right direction on where to access the Item Details? Much appreciated!

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi James,

The Item Details is in ArcGIS Online.  See Attribute field management—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation for more information.

0 Kudos