"Unable to add feature service layer definition" with existing submitted surveys

11-30-2018 07:20 AM
DerrickPower
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I am trying to add some text entries for a Survey123 form that has existing surveys submitted. When I try to publish the changes from the Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS program, I get an error "Unable to add feature service layer definition". I've noticed I only have this issue with any surveys that have existing surveys submitted.

Is there a way to make changes and publish them for a survey form that has existing surveys submitted? Or do I need to remove the surveys?

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Derrick,

You should be able to add text fields to surveys that already have data in them.  Can you provide more details on the form?  Was it created in Survey123 Connect or the Survey123 website?

0 Kudos
DerrickPower
New Contributor II

Hi James,

It is being created in Survey 123 Connect. The form has a geopoint field where the user selects the location of the survey. I want to add 2 text fields that calculate the longitude and latitude of the location. Users have submitted surveys already and they are on the Survey123 website. I am trying to publish changes from Survey 123 Connect to the Survey 123 Website but I cannot for any surveys that have existing submitted surveys. The image below shows the 2 fields I am trying to add to the survey.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Derrick,

The creation of two additional fields should not cause an issue in publishing. Please note the the file names should be in lower case.  Also, after publishing, the survey results will not reflect the added questions/calculations- this would be for new submissions only.

0 Kudos
DerrickPower
New Contributor II

I changed the two file names to lower case and checked to make sure there were no other issues and I got the error again. I am thinking I might have to make a 2.0 version and archive the surveys from the other version in another location.

0 Kudos