"New Survey" in Survey123 Connect

02-04-2021 02:49 PM
lono
by
New Contributor II

Hello and good day - I recently started working with Survey123 Connect. The issue I am having is I cannot start a new survey in Survey123 Connect. At first I had a firewall issue and needed to work around that before Connect would open.

I can open existing surveys I created on the Web App, however, when clicking the "New Survey" button, a window opens but I only get "Not Responding" error.

Additionally, I must run as administrator for the app to open and run.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

thank you

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

What version of the Connect are you running with? Are you installing Connect on a customized path or the default path?

Did you use ArcGIS online account or an enterprise portal account to log in Connect?

Could you also try to clear the .json files under your default setting folder and restart Connect again to see if that makes a difference?

The path would look like this C:\Users\<user_name>\ArcGIS\AppStudio\Settings

0 Kudos
lono
by
New Contributor II

Thanks, I will give it a try and let you know how it turns out.

0 Kudos
lono
by
New Contributor II

I am running version 3.11.123, on an AGOL online account and not an enterprise portal.

Additionally, I cleared the json file but cannot open a new survey.

thanks for the help

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lono,

Are you installing Connect on Windows OS? Is it a 32bit or a 64 bit installer? Are you able to log in Connect in other machine with the same account to see if this is a machine specific issue?

0 Kudos
lono
by
New Contributor II

Thank you  - I was able to determine the issue. I find it strange but as long as I open Connect on my laptop and Create a new survey from there I am ok. The issue was when I open connect, then drag the window to my peripheral monitor that the problem arises.

thank you for your reply

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

The issue sounds like to be specific to this workflow by using the peripheral monitor. As this would require a specific setup/environment to troubleshoot the issue, I would suggest you to contact our Support Service and have them open a case for you to reproduce your issue with similar environment to narrow down the problem.

0 Kudos