"Imagery with labels" in survey123 Connect

12-18-2019 07:27 AM
giampaolococca
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm try to manually associate Imagery with labels online map to my survey with Survey123 Connect but without any success. I have already read and tried to modify the .info file associated to my survey as described in the documentation (see below) but this base map doesn't show up in my survey

Include a map in your survey—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

Have someone successfully implemeted that?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Giampaolo,

Is the "Imagery with labels" map you are referring to a web map you created? Or one of the standard Esri basemaps.

Currently Survey123 does not support web maps or custom basemaps if you are using the Basic map type option. You can only add raster image services or tile packages. If you want to display web maps or custom basemaps, you can use the Standard map type option (which is currently in beta) and use the Linked Content menu in Connect to associate your web map to you survey. 

You can find more information on the Early Adopter Community about Standard map types and Linked Content.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
giampaolococca
New Contributor

Hi Philip,

Thank you for your reply.

To answer your question: yes, I was referring to the standard Esri basemaps.

I was hoping to add "Imagery with labels" standard base map to the pile of base maps availblable in Survey123. I see the point now since "Imagery with labels" is a combo of Layer: World Boundaries and Places (ID: 0)  and World_Imagery (MapServer).

Nice to see the improvements in the pipeline but unfortunately in my organization we have no chances to use a beta-version in production and in addition we are still behind the last stable version of Survey123. 

Should I wait for the enhanched version or do you maybe know a workaround?

Regards

Giampaolo

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Giampaolo,

Unfortunately there is no other workaround to display web maps or custom basemaps in Survey123, the Standard map type option must be used. Currently there is no set date or release number that the Standard map type support will come out of beta, we are still working on improving this feature further, and wanting more user testing and feedback.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos