"Fields not found in feature service" error... except they are...

Jump to solution
04-02-2019 08:38 AM
ChristinaHoddinott1
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to publish a survey from a feature service (specifically to a related table in that feature service), but I keep getting this error:

Except every single one of the fields in the survey is in the table. I've combed through it multiple times and can't find anything different between the two. I've posted other surveys in a similar manner before and never encountered this problem.

The only thing that I see when looking at the Schema Preview is that there is a geopoint field that is not in my table. Could this be the issue? If so, what to do about it? If not, what else could it be?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

After reviewing the log, and looking at your XLSForm and fields in your feature service, I believe the issue may be with the "FifthFlr_Restrooms" field.  In the feature layer, this field is misspelled as "FirthFlr_Restrooms".

Try renaming the correct spelling to the incorrect spelling in your XLSForm and attempt to publish again.  Please let us know your results!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Christina,

Can you capture a log during your attempt to publish via Survey123 Connect, and upload it to this thread or send in an email to barmstrong at esr.com?

Capture log

You can use this option to write to a file and then attach/send accordingly.

To capture messages to a file, click the Logging switch to enable logging. When no AppStudio console is selected, the Log output location text box is automatically populated with the default log file location.

Thanks,

Brandon

0 Kudos
ChristinaHoddinott1
Occasional Contributor

I added the log file as an attachment!

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

After reviewing the log, and looking at your XLSForm and fields in your feature service, I believe the issue may be with the "FifthFlr_Restrooms" field.  In the feature layer, this field is misspelled as "FirthFlr_Restrooms".

Try renaming the correct spelling to the incorrect spelling in your XLSForm and attempt to publish again.  Please let us know your results!

0 Kudos
ChristinaHoddinott1
Occasional Contributor

oh bless... myself and several others poured over this so many times and never caught it. THANK YOU!

JohnWatson_EBA
Occasional Contributor

Brandon, I have the exact same message. I don't believe any of my fields are misspelled, I didn't do anything to them after I created the survey from the feature service. Is there a way I can tell which filed the message is referring to?