"Extensions Disabled" for pulldata() javascript function for all users except survey author

04-11-2019 05:16 PM
Zach_Robinson
New Contributor III

I will preface by saying similar questions have been asked already but I have followed the guidance in those posts without any success: Why does the 'Extensions Disabled' message display for only some users? and What would cause users to see "Extensions Disabled" when using a JavaScript function?

I am using the pulldata() function to query a survey's geopoint within intersecting polygons to populate a text field. This function works great for me, the survey author. But testing on a handful of other devices leads to "Extensions Disabled" in the json output text field. 

• All users are logged into the same organization where the survey was published when submitting a survey
  • All users are using Survey123 mobile app version 3.3.64
  • The feature service used for spatial querying is hosted by the same organization where the survey was published and is shared publicly
  • "Extensions Disabled" is consistent among iPhones and Android devices. The only device it works for is on my iPhone and I am the survey author. 

I have attached my survey if it helps to inspect. I'm totally stumped and would greatly appreciate any troubleshooting. 

Johnathan HasthorpeJames TedrickJim Moore

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Zachary,

I can see the issue you are describing.  I will file an issue to get the behavior corrected.

0 Kudos
Zach_Robinson
New Contributor III

Thanks, James! May I ask if you have any additional details on why this might be occurring? I'd like to find a workaround if at all possible. 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Zachary,

The latest update to ArcGIS Online changed the way item information is being reported, specifically if the item was part of the same organization as the user.  A fix available for testing in the Early Adopter Community.

0 Kudos
GianniCampanile
Esri Contributor

Hi James,

I have the same problem as Zachary but I would like not to switch to a new Survey123 version. I am using  Survey123 App version 3.3.26: do you plan to release a fix for this version ? On the Early Adopter site I only found the 3.4.82 beta version.

Thanks

Gianni

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Gianni,

Survey123, like the other mobile apps, generally only update new versions.  No update to 3.3 is planned.

GianniCampanile
Esri Contributor

Hi James, Thanks.

I tried the new version and the problem seems solved: do you have a release date ?

Ohan_GeoDecisions
New Contributor II

James Tedrick‌ - If the problem related to Survey123 Connect or Survey123 App, i am trying to see what needs to be changed. Shall the survey be published again or use the new version of the app and the extension would work ?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Ohan,

There was a change in the information received to check for whether the form was in the same organization as the user.  We released a hotfix on 8/1 to address this issue.

0 Kudos
roemhildtg
Occasional Contributor III

Hi James. I see this issue on survey's when the user is not logged in. For whatever reason, users on IOS keep getting logged out and then they get the message "Extensions Disabled" in the field with the pulldata - javascript function. Is there a known workaround for this case?

0 Kudos