Select to view content in your preferred language

"Creating form item" during publishing with Survey123 Connect to AGOL hangs

09-09-2017 06:22 PM
DorothyThomas
New Contributor

I have created a form in Survey123 Connect and I'm trying to publish it to AGOL, but the publishing stalls while displaying "Creating form item." The form has groups and a repeat.  This form is to help support a fire incident in the PNW, you assistance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dorothy,

To be able to diagnose further, it would be helpful to have more information.  Can you provide the xls file you are trying to publish?  Also, according to ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard , we experienced issues with on of the hosted feature service instances earlier today- can you look at a hosted feature layer in your account and see if you're using services3.arcgis.com (the affected instance)?

0 Kudos
DorothyThomas
New Contributor

With a little more searching, I found a post that helped. When I published yesterday, it hung for hours, so I had to cancel the process. It actually published the feature service, but not the form.  When I attempted to publish again, I got a different error "folder title not available".  I found a post for that error, and followed the instructions listed below, I was then able to post the survey.  YAHOO!

Help with code: 400 Publishing Error - "folder title not available"

try the following:

1.In ArcGIS.com, login and go to 'My Contents'

2.Look for the 'Survey-Daily_Vehicle_Checkout' folder and delete it

3.In Connect, select the Survey Daily Vehicle Checkout so you can preview it

4.Click on the yellow button (looks like a folder) to open your Survey's directory in a File Explorer

5.Next delete the Daily_Vehicle_Checkout.iteminfo file

6.Back in Connect, try Publishing again

0 Kudos