"Creating form item" during publishing to Portal from Survey123 Connect hangs

Jump to solution
02-21-2017 09:21 PM
ChrisMcLean2
New Contributor III

Hi, thank you in advance for the your inputs.

I think I know what the problem is, and need some guidance to whether or not this can be solved. We have a Portal and Server setup here, and the servers are not connected to the internet. I think that (even through I'm publishing a survey from a PC with access to the internet) the server can not reach the XLS Conversion Service to create the xForm. Is there a way around this? Could I host the XLS conversion service privately? Or could I manually upload the xForm?

Here is the information I could gather:

1) When I try to publish a Survey123 form to the Portal it stops at this point:

2) The feature service is uploaded correctly to the Portal:

3) However, the xform service is not being created and/or pushed to the Portal. This is the log from the publishing:

The survey "staging" folder has this in it, is there some way to publish this manually?

I appreciate the time taken to look through this problem. 

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
23 Replies
ChrisMcLean2
New Contributor III

Hi Jon,

I haven't been spending much time on Survey123, and we changed our setup to a multiple machine deployment. I'm not sure how much help I can be in solving the issue. Could you post the log of the failed publishing? 

Chris

0 Kudos
JonSwoveland
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Chris, I managed to get around this issue by 1) disabling IWA, 2) allowing http connections, and 3) bypassing the webadapter to connect to portal on port 7080.  This allows me to publish a new survey from the "Advanced" template. 

Unfortunately when I try to publish a survey that has previously been published successfully to ArcGIS Online, Survey123 connect fails with the error JSONObject["timeInterval"] not found - no informative errors in any logs.  I don't want to hijack this thread with that issue, just sharing my pain. Someone else who experienced this indicated it was likely something wrong in the spreadsheet.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jon,

We are working on the IWA publishing issue.  It does not affect all IWA ArcGIS Enterprise instances and thus has been very difficult to duplicate and isolate.

On the timesettings error message, this is a bug that was introduced in 10.6 when a form has a question of type start and/or end; they are used in the timeInfo, which had a slight change in what configuration was being expected.  This is addressed in the next release of Survey123 Connect 2.7- it will be coming out shortly or you can download a beta from he Early Adopter Community.

JonSwoveland1
New Contributor II

Thanks James!

0 Kudos