Question about updating a Survey when the Submission URL is set to a view layer.

Jump to solution
10-14-2020 08:32 AM
MichaelTorbett
Occasional Contributor II

I have a Survey published and I have the Submission URL pointing to a view layer of the feature service that was created when I initially published the survey. My question is: if I need to make a change to the survey (add a question, change a choice list, etc..) What's the best course of action to make sure my survey still functions correctly? Do I need to remove the submission url, make a change in the survey, republish, create a new view and apply it as the submission url?

This is a public survey and everything is being done through ArcGIS Online.

Thanks for your help,

Michael 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michael,

When using the submission URL setting, if you need to make a change that results in a new field (i.e., add a new question), you will need to add the field first to the feature service.  For a feature layer view, this means that you will need to add the field to the source feature layer and then make sure it's enabled on the view by setting the view definition.  Then you can add the question and publish the update.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michael,

When using the submission URL setting, if you need to make a change that results in a new field (i.e., add a new question), you will need to add the field first to the feature service.  For a feature layer view, this means that you will need to add the field to the source feature layer and then make sure it's enabled on the view by setting the view definition.  Then you can add the question and publish the update.

0 Kudos
MichaelTorbett
Occasional Contributor II

Hey James,

Thank you for the clarification. I have several survey's with view layers as the submission URL. So this is a huge help. 

0 Kudos