Query inbox to pull data from submitted surveys into active survey

07-09-2019 04:17 AM
JoeArizzi
New Contributor II

I am working on developing a survey for active construction management of assets for a client. The structures that are evaluated in the field are measured over the course of multiple visits to ensure that each component of the structure is installed properly and within the appropriate design tolerance. The intention is for the user to be able to select which components are being measured during the site visit at which point a text box will appear for the user to enter the measured value. The goal is for the various measurements to be taken over the course of a site visit and a report template set up to export all measured values for review. The issue I am running into is in reference to previously submitted data and how to bring it into an active survey. It looks like inbox queries may be the way to do this, but I am having trouble finding documentation on how to actually reference previously measured data into the survey. I am hoping to be able set it up so that if a user selects a component to be measured that was previously collected and submitted, a read only note will appear that will state "X measured to be 131.6' on MM/DD/YYYY". The driver here is that we do not want values to be measured multiple times and we do not have to have inspectors physically review previously submitted data prior to going out on site to avoid duplicate collection. In essence I want to mimic the pulldata function with the inbox. 

Thank you,

Joe 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Joe,

One method to bring previous data in is to structure this as a survey with repeats - the repeat being an individual inspection.  Then you could use the Inbox to load the inspection history as reference while filling in the current inspection information.

0 Kudos