Publishing from Connect hangs on adding fields to surveyPoint: 1

Jump to solution
02-18-2020 02:59 PM
JenniferK
New Contributor II

I have a survey built in Survey123 Connect 3.7.62 that was working just fine until I tried to update a field. I can delete the whole row with the problem field and re-publish without issue, and I was able to make a new survey copying the whole .xlsx file including the problem field in it and publish without issue, but I cannot get the existing survey to publish with that field. It gets stuck on "Adding Fields to surveyPoint: 1" under status "Information". When I look at the table data on AGO, the new fields have been added, but the publishing never completes in Connect. I can send the diagnostic log, in case that can help pinpoint what's failing, but prefer not to post it publicly - the error message during publishing is "[AppStudio@11205 category="default" filename="PublishSurvey.qml" line="533"] qrc:/qml/Connect/PublishSurvey.qml:533: TypeError: Value is undefined and could not be converted to an object".

Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @JenniferK @Jing_Sun,

Just letting you know that BUG-000113652 has been fixed in the latest 3.13 beta builds available on the Early Adopter Community, so it would be great if you can test out the latest beta builds by adding a new question/field only to a repeat (related table) in your survey and publishing from Connect. The app should no longer hang and the publish process should be successful.

Regards,
Phil.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jennifer,

Could you share the XLS file of the survey and indicate what line is added?  Please e-mail me at jtedrick AT Esri.com if you do not wish to share publicly.

0 Kudos
Jing_Sun
Esri Contributor

Hi James, I wonder if you have identified the issue causing this error. I am having the exact same problem and getting the same error message. The only difference is, this happens when I add new fields to the repeat. I know the limitation of updating repeat, so I've added another text question outside of the repeat as well. The republishing hang at the same place as Jennifer described, and I can also find the text question field got created in the feature service, but the ones in the repeat never got created. This problem happens on a number of different surveys.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @JenniferK @Jing_Sun,

Just letting you know that BUG-000113652 has been fixed in the latest 3.13 beta builds available on the Early Adopter Community, so it would be great if you can test out the latest beta builds by adding a new question/field only to a repeat (related table) in your survey and publishing from Connect. The app should no longer hang and the publish process should be successful.

Regards,
Phil.

Jing_Sun
Esri Contributor

Thank you very much for your help.

kamaya
by
New Contributor II

Hello @Anonymous User 

A client has been experiencing the same issue as posted by @JenniferK, and is unable to publish new questions to their survey. Is the bug fix only related to new questions added inside of a repeat?

A workaround that seems to work is to first add the field directly to the layer in AGOL, then redownload the survey in Connect and add the field to the XLS form with matching field and display name. It then publishes without issue.

Regards,
Kevin