Publish Survey123 Connect with repeats not working

Jump to solution
04-06-2022 11:51 AM
janderson_ksninc
Occasional Contributor

I have created a survey in Survey123 Connect from a hosted feature layer with a point layer and a related table to hold the survey results. After I published the hosted feature layer, I was asked to add a couple of repeats to the form. After adding the repeats, the survey would not publish/update. After doing some reading, I learned that I am not able to add repeats to an existing survey and publish it (unless I'm mistaken). I then recreated the survey by copying over the survey questions/choices, etc from the first survey to the new form.

Now, when I go to publish the survey, I get the following error:

Survey123_Screenshot.JPG

Does the hosted feature layer need to already have tables for the repeats added to it prior to creating the survey? Can anyone help with this?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
janderson_ksninc
Occasional Contributor

I also noticed that your example differs from mine in that your Form ID is pointing to a point feature layer (PFCLentricForm) and your repeat also points to a point feature layer (PFCLentricFormWaypoints) whereas my example has a point feature layer and an actual table that are related to each other. 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

My example was a feature yes but normally I do tables.  Sorry bad example but it should make no diff as long as they match.

Yea this label one is really weird.  Cannot say I have seen that on before esp since you do have one.  Maybe you copy pasted and did not use Paste Values?  I would just try changing the text maybe it does not like the 1 or something and maybe paste in from the row above to fix the validation.  Weird one. This post says its just a warning and not a big deal https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/suppress-question-has-no-label-warnings/td-...

I also see you have a reserved word on Condition.  Could be some of the issue.

But your main problem I think is fixed so you can use it on the original survey.

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
janderson_ksninc
Occasional Contributor

@DougBrowning- I guess the part that I'm struggling with is the fact that I don't want the survey results to go to the point layer but rather I'd like the survey results to go to the related table. If I change the Form ID to the point layer, doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a related table to hold the survey results? The label issue resolved itself btw, wierd.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Well you can make the repeat the form but then you need to fill out 1 form per repeat record.  Hard to tell not knowing your workflow.  But the form has to have a top level that goes somewhere.  I guess I am not sure what the top level is that you do not want to edit.  What you want to do is just a bit funky.  One idea is a dummy parent layer and then feed the repeat to the other table.  Sorry not much to go on.  You can pm me if you like.

0 Kudos
janderson_ksninc
Occasional Contributor

I also noticed that your example differs from mine in that your Form ID is pointing to a point feature layer (PFCLentricForm) and your repeat also points to a point feature layer (PFCLentricFormWaypoints) whereas my example has a point feature layer and an actual table that are related to each other. 

0 Kudos
GarrettRSmith
Occasional Contributor II

Hi @janderson_ksninc have you found out how to make this work?

I am also having the same issue and wanted to know if you have found a workaround?

I am trying to use a table for the Form ID and then two repeats that point to a polygon and line feature class. When I try to publish the survey I get an error stating:

"Parent layer id 2 not found for table CampsiteArea".

CampsiteArea is a polygon feature class.

0 Kudos