Publish as or Create Survey from Hosted Table

Jump to solution
05-20-2022 12:30 PM
mapmcburney
New Contributor III

Hello, 

My question has two parts. One or the other possibilties should allow me to slove my use case. 

1) Is it possible to publish a survey as a hosted table (no geometry) so I can join it to a feature service later?

or;

2) Is it possible to create a survey from a hosted table that already exists in my organization?

I have to maintain records on a 1(feature service):many(hosted table) relationship. Basically, appending the table via Survey123 as new data comes in.   

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @mapmcburney

We have ENH-000130967 logged to officially support publishing hosted tables, that being said there is a workaround that will let you create a hosted table on survey publish. To do so you will need to add a geopoint question to your form and set it to null under the bind::esri:fieldType. After you publish your survey for the first time you would just remove the geopoint question and then republish. 

Alternatively the answer to your second question is yes you can create surveys based on existing hosted tables.

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @mapmcburney

We have ENH-000130967 logged to officially support publishing hosted tables, that being said there is a workaround that will let you create a hosted table on survey publish. To do so you will need to add a geopoint question to your form and set it to null under the bind::esri:fieldType. After you publish your survey for the first time you would just remove the geopoint question and then republish. 

Alternatively the answer to your second question is yes you can create surveys based on existing hosted tables.

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
Jelle_Stu_PR
Occasional Contributor II

great to read that this feature is registered as an enhancement. Is the status of this feature to be found somewhere online? Or else, can you provide an update?

Also, am I correct that this workaround only works when using survey123Connect?

0 Kudos