Select to view content in your preferred language

Publish a form to use as a template

Jump to solution
04-24-2023 04:22 AM
AliAwadBUK
New Contributor III

Hello

I want to publish a survey123 form to use it as a template in the future, but I don't want to get a  submission URL when I use it and without changing the order of the questions, e.g. the location at the top.

I am using the ArcGIS Survey123 Connect 3.17.55

any ideas? 

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

@AliAwadBUK You could look into organization templates. This would let you create a survey based on a template form. The survey that is created would not be associated with an existing feature layer and would create a new feature service on publish as defined by the form structure (unless you add a submission URL).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Vinzafy
Occasional Contributor II

Hey there,

I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but if you wanted to have a survey to use as a template for the future, you can save the XLSForm in your files somewhere and create a new survey using that file (Create a new survey from file > select the template XLSForm). All questions will remain the same and can be altered as needed.

Vinzafy_0-1682348509839.png

If you wanted to host the template but not have it be enabled for submissions, you could publish it the same as you would a live survey, and then on the S123 website, change the Survey Status under the Collaborate tab to "Closed".

Vinzafy_1-1682348530879.png

Not sure that answers your question, but hopefully it helps.

0 Kudos
AliAwadBUK
New Contributor III

Hey @Vinzafy 

Thank you for your response. my query is I want to create a survey from an existing feature service but I don't want to get a submission url and I don't want the order of the questions to change, because you know when you create a survey from feature service the location will always appear at the top of the new survey.

so I have a form I want to use it as template in the future, but when I want to create a survey using this template I do not want to get a submission url and I do not the question to be changed.

I saw someone do it 1 year ago in front of me but I didn't asked how he did it.

Many thanks

Ali

0 Kudos
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

@AliAwadBUK You could look into organization templates. This would let you create a survey based on a template form. The survey that is created would not be associated with an existing feature layer and would create a new feature service on publish as defined by the form structure (unless you add a submission URL).

AliAwadBUK
New Contributor III

Thank you so much @BarbaraWebster1.

0 Kudos