Public Survey Shared - Outbox stuck on 'gettign service information' - on some devices but not others

04-01-2019 04:32 AM
BerwickshireVMR
New Contributor

Hello,

We have created a public survey to collect data out at sea, when offline - however some devices are getting stuck on 'getting service information' and do not send the survey when back online. Some iOS devices work and others don't. Most devices tested appear to work, however, we do not want advertise the survey to members of the public if some devices still don't work.

I have looked through some previous threads but haven't been able to solve the issue - I am fairly new to this so I may be missing something really simple.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mario,

Can you provide some more details:

1) Has the form has been shared publicly?  

2) Is this submitting to an ArcGIS Online Service or ArcGIS Server service?

0 Kudos
BerwickshireVMR
New Contributor

Hi,

Yes the form has been shared publicly

The submissions go to an ArcGIS online portal.

Thanks,

Mario

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Mario,

Thanks for the information - there is currently a known issue if this were submitting to an ArcGIS Server service that has been registered in ArcGIS Online.  I would suggest getting a log file of the submission attempt - see Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS .  You may also want to try the procedure 'Recover data from a mobile device' on the same page to attempt to submit from a PC, if the issue is on the device.

0 Kudos
BerwickshireVMR
New Contributor

Hi James,

I wonder If could assist me with another query? We have shared our survey to everyone (public) and it is working great, people who do not have an account can do the survey and submit the information anonymously. I was just wondering how can the people who have submitted the information view their information?

I have read that: "Anonymous users will be able to see all other responses that were submitted anonymously. No respondent-identifying information is automatically recorded."

How do the anonymous users see all other responses? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Thanks

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Mario,

First, share the survey for viewing using the Survey123 Collaborate tab.  This will generate the 'stakeholder' (read only view and provide a link to share.  See Share survey results—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS for more information.

0 Kudos