Public Survey Confusion

Jump to solution
07-20-2017 03:51 AM
LeeBerryman
New Contributor III

Is it possible for the landing page with the app to so something like getting started instead of login?  We are working on onboarding hundreds of users of repetitive public surveys so the users need the app installed, but most are very confused thinking they can't get the public form.  The public forms are working properly but the landing page implies you must have a login to use the app.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the feedback.  We've had some discussion of this before and this helps us refine how we might change this to be friendlier in the future.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the feedback.  I can see your point with regard to your users being confused.  If I might ask, do you have some ideas of what might be better?  If we remove the login we would (currently) send them to an empty survey gallery- what would be useful in your situation?

LeeBerryman
New Contributor III

James,

I think a getting started button that takes you to a landing page the first time you open the app could be helpful.  This landing page could inform the user that they either use their login or how you get public surveys (ie a link shared with them).  I have been very surprised at how many people have been tripped up by just thinking they are in the wrong place or that they don't have credentials to use the app and then the same users don't circle back around and try to get the form.  They give up and move on.  I just need something in the landing page that indicates public forms are downloaded by clicking external links and that by opening the app they haven't gone to the wrong place they just need to go back and find the link that was shared with them.

Lee

JamesTedrick

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the feedback.  We've had some discussion of this before and this helps us refine how we might change this to be friendlier in the future.

0 Kudos