Problem with saving/publishing Survey 123

03-14-2021 11:13 PM
mfreeman
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have designed a survey using the web designer. One of my colleague wanted to modify it and use it on another site so I created a copy of that survey and then changed to ownership of the copy to my colleague so he could make the changes he needed. 

He renamed the survey and made the changes he needed then saved and publish the survey. When he downloaded the survey onto the survey 123 app, he could see the changes he made on the survey form however when he opens the design survey on the web designer, the survey has reverted to the original question that were present in the copy.

Web Designer Survey Questions

mfreeman_0-1615788669612.png

Survey 123 Form Questions

mfreeman_1-1615788740211.png

Does anyone know where the problem lies and how the get the design part showing the same questions and answer than the form part?

Regards,

Melanie

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @mfreeman ,

From the screenshots, I assume that all edits your colleague made is on the Survey123 website without using Survey123 Connect. (Please let me know if this is not the case)

It is possible that you see different content/questions between the web app and the web designer, this could happen when after publishing the survey, you do additional edits to the survey in the web designer but only save it without publishing. For example, you first publish a survey with only one text question, then in the web designer, added two number questions and saved, but without publishing. At this time, you should see a red dot on the Publish button of the web designer like shown in the attached image.

Can you please confirm if it is your case? Otherwise, would you mind sharing some detailed steps that can reproduce the issue?

In addition, there may be different approaches that can help you on collaboration:

• If you want to share a survey design with someone, share the survey results with him via Collaborate->Share results. Then the person can sign in the Survey123 website and look for the survey via "Surveys I can view result for" tab in the My surveys page, then save the survey as a new one. This saves you from creating a copy and then change ownership in ArcGIS Online.
  • If you want someone to collaborate with you on the design of the same survey in the web designer, you can share the survey via Collaborate->Update survey tab. Please see our February update and this help topic for details. 

Thanks,

Zhifang

0 Kudos
mfreeman
New Contributor II

Hello,

Yes the survey is produced using the Survey 123 website, without using the desktop Survey Connect software.

And no that is not the case, no change was made to the survey after being published without being re-published. The issue is that changes on the survey were made, then published. Those changes can be seen in the published form that is accessible on mobile. However when the design page for the survey on the Survey 123 website is re-opened after publishing, what is shown is the initial survey without the changes that have been made and published. It goes back to the initial survey.

Regards,

Melanie

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @mfreeman ,

"Those changes can be seen in the published form that is accessible on mobile." You mean "on web" or "on mobile browser", right?

For the inconsistent content between the Design page and the web app, it is a little strange. Would you mind sharing a test account that can access the Design page of the survey? (You can sent me a direct message) Or can you please raise a ticket to Esri Support Service for further investigation?

Thanks,

Zhifang

0 Kudos