Problem with Cascading select with choice filter

11-03-2017 06:31 AM
Siew_WeiGoh2
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am not sure what I'm doing wrong here but I am having issues with Cascading Select. I have tried changing autocomplete to minimal, but it still doesn't made a difference

My survey setting:

My choice sheet:

I am not getting the result I'm expecting - unable to select segment:

Please advice.

Thank you

SW

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Siew_WeiGoh2
New Contributor III

Worked out why my Cascading Select didn't work!  So it's working now once I changed the column header in the choices tab from "corridorCode" to "state" (Column D). This suggests that there are set lists of column headers one has to use when utilising additional columns in the choice tab. Is there a specific lists, listed somewhere?

Thanks

SW

0 Kudos
SMauri
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, double error I can see.

1. Column D name must be the same of list name "track"
  2. Choice filter you must like this one:
    Track=${track}

More info here: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2015/10/22/cascading-selects-and-external-selects 

Stefano

0 Kudos
Siew_WeiGoh2
New Contributor III

Hi Stefano,

Thank you for pointing out my errors. I have tried the modification but am still having trouble for the cascading select to work.

Survey tab:

Choice tab:

I've modified the structure of my form slightly by using 'calculate' instead of 'select_one' to grab the the 'track code'. It should work since it's returning the correct track code (row 28).

I'm struggling to see where I stuff up!

SW 

0 Kudos
SMauri
by

Look at this very simple Excel...and tell me if I understand what you need.

Stefano

Siew_WeiGoh2
New Contributor III

Yes. Your XLS is what I need. 

I copied the relevant sections into my XLS form BUT it didn't work

I then tried my formula on your XLS sheet and guess what... it worked!

I even test changing Row 8 to 'calculate' and 'note' and all of them worked on your XLS form.

This is bizarre. It is not the first time I had issues with the Cascading Select function not working as expected. Has there been any report on buggy cascading select?  Unless I am still missing something... I'm suspecting there is something that is buggy with my XLS form? 

- Any suggestion on what's next or how to fix?

Thanks SW

0 Kudos
Siew_WeiGoh2
New Contributor III

Ah! YES!!!! I've found the source of the problem!  - *where's the sweaty forehead emoji?*

I had some empty cells in the choices sheet on referenced column D on the cascading select which tripped the all the cascading select function on the form. Once I deleted these empty column D rows.. the form works perfectly!

Another lesson learnt! 

Thank you so much for helping me out! 

Cheers SW

SMauri
by

Risultati immagini per pollice verso

0 Kudos
AndrewHargreaves2

This issue is stalling my use of Survey123 too. I want to filter choices based on a previous select_one (Yes, No, Cancelled) ... but I don't want to filter choices based on all the choices of that previous select_one, just one of those choices (No).

James Tedrick‌ unless I'm able to use 'Yes or Cancelled' then I can't use a Choices_filter.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Andrew. It looks like in your case you may want to use relevant expressions instead of a choice_filter.

0 Kudos