problem when using a repeat count limit, in survey123 mobile app only

07-25-2018 03:00 PM
LynnBerni
Occasional Contributor II

Our current workflow for data entered in the field is to "send later", and then send all from the outbox when back in the office. We're testing a new survey which includes a count limit on a repeat (8 records only). We just discovered that when the survey is opened up from the outbox and edited, all fields for the first record in the repeat are blank.  Data for all subsequent records (2 thru 😎 is still there and editable. 

My fix for now?  Delete the number in the repeat_count column in the XLS form. Is this a bug?

We're using Survey123 Connect v2.6.6 and  ios app v3.0.132. I could not duplicate the problem in the desktop version of Survey123. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Lynn,

This is a known issue with the 3.0 release of the mobile app. We are aiming to resolve this in a future hotfix for 3.0 and will update you once released. In the meantime you need to remove the repeat count for the values to display in the first repeat correctly when opening the survey from Drafts, Inbox, Outbox or sent.

Phil.

JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Please note that we have added a fix for records not appearing in the first repeat when made relevant and accessed through sent, drafts, outbox, and Inbox. It is available for testing through the Beta version on EAC: Welcome to our Feedback Community 

However, please note that the issue still occurs when the repeat count is applied.

0 Kudos
LynnBerni
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Jonathan!
I was just about to post a different question for what I think is exactly what you mentioned .... when we reopen a survey, data in the first repeat gets reset back to nothing.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lynn - yes we are releasing a hotfix for this issue, and you can test it out on EAC.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
Environment_SouthlandGIS_Servi
New Contributor II

Hi,

I note there is a bug fix in version 3.0.149 for this problem which was rolled out 30 Aug 2018.

We are running version 3.0.149 of the Survey 123 mobile app and are still experiencing this issue with an existing survey - "when the survey is opened up from the outbox and edited, all fields for the first record in the repeat are blank"

The issue comes about when a repeat count is added to the form.  It works perfectly fine when repeat count is empty.

Thanks, Emma

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi - The bug still exists when a repeat count is applied. We are hoping to address this in a future release.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

We have a fix for this on the EAC - please test out the latest release candidate builds here: https://earlyadopter.esri.com/project/home.html?cap=%7bE69EF91F-4574-4B98-882C-651F7B518EB7%7d 

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

We have a fix for this on the EAC - please test out the latest release candidate builds here: https://earlyadopter.esri.com/project/home.html?cap=%7bE69EF91F-4574-4B98-882C-651F7B518EB7%7d 

0 Kudos