Problem hidding the date question!

09-15-2021 07:24 PM
JoseBarrios1
Occasional Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I’m working on a simple form and I need to capture the date as a note at the top of the survey. However, I’m an getting an error (in connect) when I try to set the date question as “hidden”. The default is set to today() (I also try now()) and the bind::esri:fieldType set to “esriFieldTypeDate”.  I also try to use the “body::esri:visible” but didn’t work. The problem is that I’m using a calculate question to format the date (format-date(${survey_DateTime},'%b.%e, %Y')) that I want to use as the value for the note. If I hide the date question, the calculate won’t work.

What I’m doing wrong???

form.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Hi Jose

I don't seem to get the same error as you. 

DeonLengton_0-1631771252167.png

Could you be using an old version of Connect perhaps?

I've attached my working example - perhaps you could see where you went wrong by comparing my version with yours.

DeonLengton_1-1631771340722.png

Just as a side-note, you can also use the 'end' question type to capture the end date and time of the survey.

endEnd date and time of the survey. This is a hidden field, not visible on the form.
0 Kudos
JoseBarrios1
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you DeonLengton. I can see that you set the appearance field to hidden and I was using the type field. Hidden in the appearance works in connect (3.12.230) but it still not working for me when I publish the webform. I get "Invalid Date" when I open the survey on a browser. 

0 Kudos