Problem exporting Survey123 data

02-01-2018 01:43 PM
JoshHabel
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to export inspection data from Survey123 for use in Excel.  The problem is that for any of my drop down list questions I only seem to get the "Domain Codes" instead of the actual value.  I know there must be a way around this but so far it doesn't matter what I try.  I used the export to excel, fgdb, and shapefile but no go.  Have I set something up wrong on the Survey123 side?  I used Survey123 Connect to build my forms.  Any hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Josh

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Josh,

This is the expected behavior - ArcGIS Online currently exports only the codes of choices, not the labels of choices.

JasonRoecker
New Contributor

What is the work around to get usable Excel data out of Survey123?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Jason,

The Excel to Table tool in ArcGIS Desktop has the option to use the domain labels instead of values.  Additionally, the web designer now supports changing the value names during the publishing process, allowing the exported Excel table to have more meaningful values.

JasonRoecker
New Contributor

Thank you, James

Is the changing the value names during the publishing process something that is not accessible in the trial version?  I cannot seem to find the Publish Options otherwise.

Regards

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Jason,

Nothing is limited in the trial version.  Changing the names is available by clicking on the 'Modify Schema' link after pressing the 'Publish' button on the web designer.

JasonRoecker
New Contributor

Thanks again!

I actually figured it out. I had already published a test survey and the schema was set at that point, at least that's my understanding.

Regards

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

0 Kudos
Wimvan_der_Drift
New Contributor II

hi there, i have the same behaviour , I hope this issue is picked up soon /  Wim vdDrift

0 Kudos