Prevent parent feature field edits when updated from inbox

02-13-2020 08:50 AM
BrentKinal1
Occasional Contributor III

I would like to have users be able to add new repeat records when accessing a photo point survey through the inbox, but would like all the data in the parent feature, basically the site information (location, photo azimuth, site name, project...) to be uneditable when accessed through the inbox. I am able to use once() for some of the fields (date, username of the feature creator) but can't figure out a way to do this for non calculated field. Any idea if this is possible without getting too deep in the weeds using repeat counts, hiding original questions through relevants and exposing answers as calculated notes...?

It would be great if we could use allowUpdates=false in the bind::esri:parameters field on a field by field basis rather than just for repeats.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Brent,

Please take a look at the Early Adopter Community - we've introduced a property to detect if the survey is being edited or added as a beta feature.  Welcome to our Customer Validation site.   

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Using Collector to store the reference data and then pass to 123 is what we do.  

0 Kudos
BrentKinal1
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the suggestion, I have used the custom URL to link Collector or Explorer to S123 in the past, but for ease of use for some of our less tech savvy users I need to keep a couple of the data collection workflows contained in a single application.

0 Kudos