Prepopulate text type with pulldata() is not showing on mobile but is showing when view from a computer

11-11-2017 04:01 AM
Siew_WeiGoh2
New Contributor III

I am not sure what is happening here but I have a situation where the pulldata() results are showing up when viewed from a computer through Survey123 and Connect, BUT... the prepopulated text is not showing up when viewed from mobile.

For example, see attached file (pulldataSurvey123.jpg) for Survey123 viewed from my mobile versus the view from my laptop.

The respective functions in my XLS form is as below:

I am not sure if the issue with the mobile device was due to there being 5 x csv files used as the source of my pulldata.  This was my concern raised in another question earlier today: XLS form size, or number of rows limitation 

I don't see why there should be problem using a number of CSV files.

There perhaps could be a second issues which revolves around using text type with pulldata? I recall seeing this same issue happened before with a form created by someone else who had also used a combination of text type with pulldata, and the prepopulated text does not show on the mobile! There was only one external choice sheet referred for that form. In similar manner, the prepopulated texts shows only on PC. 

So in the picture, I have two situations which only seem problematic on mobile devices:

1. pulldata doesn't work with some of the questions, even when same manner of pulldata fuction has been applied: ie calculate with pulldata, display as note such as being done with Asset Class (note the first half of the surveys in the attached)
  2. prepopulated text type does not work with pulldata, however, it does not work even after I change the type from text to note

Are these known issues or bugs?

I hope there is a simple fix or will be fix in the next release coming out soon 

Please advice.

Thank you

SW

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Siew_WeiGoh2
New Contributor III

Hi again,

I'd like to report that I have managed to get the text type + pulldata to work by consolidate my 5 external choices into one CSV file. 

It's a relief that the form now works on the mobile, however, it still does not explain why the issue persist on another form (mentioned earlier) which only have one external csv file.

Thanks

SW

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Siew Wei,

The reason you were seeing this issue is that the form processor does not expect pulldata functions to be embedded in functions; which means that it did not identify all of the external CSV files you are using.

0 Kudos
Siew_WeiGoh2
New Contributor III

Hi James,

Thank you for getting back to me. I modified my Survey forms to separate out the pulldata functions from the nested functions. So I have separate lines for each pulldata functions, and then using the IF functions to query for the needed information.

Unfortunately, I'm still experiencing same issues from my mobile app . It works on the PC/laptop/Mac however...

XLS form - pulldata not embeded in functions

Thank you

SW

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi SW,

For the mobile app, which device are you using, iOS or Android?  If iOS, be aware that iOS is case sensitive - a mismatch between upper and lower case in the field name and the form will result in it not working.

0 Kudos
Siew_WeiGoh2
New Contributor III

Hi James,

You are right. I’ve just tested on my Android mobile, and the pulldata works. In fact, even the pulldata embeded within functions also works! Yet neither works on the iOS.

I think there are more than just possible case sensitivity being the issue here. I have created two separate forms,

1. with simple pulldata and pulldata embeded functions and multiple CSV files – works on Android, not on iOS

2. Straight simple pulldata without embeded functions and aggregated single CSV file – work on both iOS and Android

Case sensitivity would be the same in both forms, in that the same style fieldnames have been applied in both forms.

more troubleshooting?

Thanks

SW

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi SW,

Could you either share the form with CSV zipped up or screenshots of the files in Windows Explorer/OS X Finder?

0 Kudos
Siew_WeiGoh2
New Contributor III

Hi James,

I have at the moment 6 separate CSV files, and to complete this form, I have another one or two more CSV files that needed to be linked to. At this stage, dues to this issue with pulldata, I had to hold off on further developing the form.

That said, I’m happy to share the form and the CSV files, but can I email them directly to you or to upload to an ESRI site. I am not able to share the whole dataset on a community forum. Please provide me with the information on where to send or upload the files to.

Thanks again

SW

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

HI Sw, 

Feel free to email directly - jtedrick AT Esri.com

0 Kudos
JohnTruong
New Contributor III

Has this problem been resolved? I am having a very similar problem on my IOS device.

0 Kudos