Prepopulate images from media folder in the survey image question based on previous question selection

03-24-2023 05:37 PM
YuliaMamonova
Occasional Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I am working on a survey123 form and I am trying to prepopulate the images from my media folder in the image type of question (since I want those images to be easily available in survey123 feature reports) based on another question in the survey.

For example, I have a select_one_from_file question in my survey, and the user picks "56". I have 3 images in my media folder that are named as "56_1.jpeg","56_2.jpeg" and "56_3.jpeg".

I would like those pictures to be pulled into the survey from my media folder into image question with multiple appearance.

Please, let me know if this is possible, I appreciate your help!

Thank you,

Yulia

0 Kudos
6 Replies
YuliaMamonova

Note - I've just tried the annotation appearance and prepopulated the background image, but this is not what I need.

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Would suggest setting up:

• Question A: choose a value to filter (56)
  • Question B: Multi-line question with ALL images to pick from (1_1, 1_2, 2_1.... 56_1, 56_2 etc)

Then applying a choice filter so that the question B choices will only be based on the options selected in Question A e.g. if you pick 'America' as country for A, only American cities are shown in B

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-choice-filters/ba-...

0 Kudos
YuliaMamonova

Hello,

Thank you, but I don't need to just pull the names of the images, I need to pull the images.

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor
in Media—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS, the procedure to add an image is
to copy the images to the survey's media folder and then reference the
image with it's file name (including the .jpg/.png extension) in the
choices sheet's image column.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/xlsformmedia.htm
0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Or do you mean to populate an image question with the images?

I don't believe this is possible. 

0 Kudos
StevenDel_Castillo
New Contributor III

Hi Yulia,

I am trying to do something similar. Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos