Select to view content in your preferred language

Pre-fill answers with the pulldata function; works on the web, not in Survey123 app or Connect.

Jump to solution
Wednesday
LaurieVIDAL
Emerging Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'm still new to Survey123 (especially the advanced version with Connect) and I've made a survey where depending on the wetland number selected, 4 other questions are automatically filled in depending on what the user has chosen as wetland. I integrated a csv file containing all the information and used the pulldata function. The idea is to do the same thing as in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTq-ux2v5ds&list=PLGZUzt4E4O2L7h2PdpL7st93nURZAW58d
I was able to publish the survey (so far everything seems to be working), but when I test the survey in Survey123 Connect it doesn't work. The questions don't pre-fill when I choose a wetland (I see the question/note title, but not the answer). The same applies to the Survey123 application on the phone. However, if I choose to open the survey on the web instead of the app, it works. The answers auto-complete according to the wetland selected. Has anyone had the same display problem or could you help me identify the problem?
Is it a checkbox or a version problem?

Survey123 Connect 3.20.63 and on my phone, it's version 3.20.68.

I'm thinking that if it works on the web version, then it can't be due to a coding problem on my part, can it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Your CSV is broken:

abureaux_0-1726068782069.png

And is missing required column names (name and label)

Attached is a repaired CSV and updated XLSX

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This often caused by using reserved words or having special chars somewhere.  Are there any green squares on your field names?  If you can post the form may see something in it.

0 Kudos
LaurieVIDAL
Emerging Contributor

Hi,

No I don't have any squares appearing or anything that might indicate a special character problem. The only ones I have, are accents, but I only use them in the label field so as not to cause an error.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Could be a few little things. But if it works on web, it should work on the Field App (the reverse is not always true though).

Can you post your XLSX and CSV?

0 Kudos
LaurieVIDAL
Emerging Contributor

That's what I think too...
Yes, I just added them under my first post.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Your CSV is broken:

abureaux_0-1726068782069.png

And is missing required column names (name and label)

Attached is a repaired CSV and updated XLSX

0 Kudos
LaurieVIDAL
Emerging Contributor

It works! Thank you very much.
I didn't know that it was necessary to add exactly label and name, I thought you could put another name for these two column headings.
Now I know. Thank you.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

No worries! That is a common miss. I did that with my first CSV as well.

0 Kudos
DuncanC
Frequent Contributor

My reply won't solve your problem but hopefully I can clear up one piece of potential confusion.  What you've built won't work in Connect (this is ridiculous, be better ESRI) because it doesn't load the CSVs.  But it should work in the Survey123 (not-connect) application on both windows and your phone.

0 Kudos
LaurieVIDAL
Emerging Contributor

Here is my xlsx and csv files (in attachments).

It doesn't contain much because I wanted to do a test to make sure the function works (or at least understand how it works before inserting it in my final form).

On the Internet, it works:

LaurieVIDAL_1-1726067767446.png

but on the application, the information doesn't appear :

LaurieVIDAL_2-1726067815750.png

0 Kudos