Select to view content in your preferred language

Power automat connector for surveys in ArcGIS Enterprise

Jump to solution
03-15-2024 06:55 AM
Remi_Foicik
New Contributor II

I'm trying to configure Power Automat with our ArcGIS Enterprise platform. The official ESRI connector only supports AGOL surveys.
However, I've seen that it's possible to deploy a custom connector for ArcGIS Enterprise :
https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/create-an-arcgis-survey123-connector-for-microsoft-pow...

I've followed the whole procedure, all the Test are working but I'm stuck on the configuration once in power automat, I've created a very simple flow from the connector and a mail sending but I can't find anywhere the URL payload to trigger the flow?

Remi_Foicik_0-1710510892031.pngRemi_Foicik_1-1710510915476.png

Am I blind or have I missed something?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Correct. Enterprise needs to add a custom connector to Power Automate.

Heads-up: I never work in AI-assist mode. Far too laggy and unhelpful for me. So until it becomes more useful, I honestly am not bothering to learn the GUI. My screen caps are the standard Power Automate which can be toggled with the "New designed" toggle in the top right.

abureaux_0-1710514744356.png

After that, you can start a new flow and select your Custom When a survey response is submitted trigger:

abureaux_1-1710514860766.png

Once that is added, select the drop-down, and you  will (should) see a list of all your surveys:

abureaux_2-1710514926297.png

Make the selection, add any additional steps you want, and then save your flow.

After saving and turning this flow on, you will notice the associated survey will have a pending update. That update is Power Automate adding a webhook to the survey for you (and without that update, your submissions wont trigger the flow).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Correct. Enterprise needs to add a custom connector to Power Automate.

Heads-up: I never work in AI-assist mode. Far too laggy and unhelpful for me. So until it becomes more useful, I honestly am not bothering to learn the GUI. My screen caps are the standard Power Automate which can be toggled with the "New designed" toggle in the top right.

abureaux_0-1710514744356.png

After that, you can start a new flow and select your Custom When a survey response is submitted trigger:

abureaux_1-1710514860766.png

Once that is added, select the drop-down, and you  will (should) see a list of all your surveys:

abureaux_2-1710514926297.png

Make the selection, add any additional steps you want, and then save your flow.

After saving and turning this flow on, you will notice the associated survey will have a pending update. That update is Power Automate adding a webhook to the survey for you (and without that update, your submissions wont trigger the flow).

Remi_Foicik
New Contributor II

Hi @abureaux 

Ty for your answer, it works perfectly !
the problem was that I was trying to configure my feed on another user's survey with the form's itemID.

Have a nice week-end !

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Ahh. That makes sense.

I use a service account for our production environment so there is only a single publisher for surveys. It greatly simplifies the automation process.

0 Kudos