Populate Fields By Location Using a Geofence?

10-19-2018 08:52 AM
DanielYaw_Jr__GISP
New Contributor III

If I have polygons containing data, if point is placed within that polygon on Survey123, I would like to use attributes from that polygon to populate Survey123 fields. 

Is this possible???

5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Daniel,

This is possible through a beta feature - the creation of a custom function.  This is documented in the Early Adopter Community, and includes a point-in-poly data lookup example.  Please see Welcome to our Feedback Community  for more information.

0 Kudos
DanielYaw_Jr__GISP
New Contributor III

Hi James,

Awesome! Can you please point me to that? I was looking and could not find it...

Thanks,

Dan

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Daniel,

The documentation topic is 'Custom pulldata() JS Functions'  The sample zip file at the bottom contains a point in poly look up

0 Kudos
DanielYaw_Jr__GISP
New Contributor III

Got it, that’s perfect!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
SMauri
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

maybe you can also create a Custom Pop-up (Crafting custom attribute displays in pop-ups) for your geometry in your WebMap, where you can insert a custom URL (https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/07/30/understanding-survey123s-custom-url-sche... ) that can invoke Survey123 App with pre-populate questions with value from fields from your polygon.

Something like this:

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=yourAppID&field:QuestionSurvey={FiledNameFromPolygon}

Cheers

Stefano

0 Kudos