Photo Size Different between Oct 2021 and Sept 2021

Jump to solution
10-19-2021 02:48 PM
DrewMoffitt
New Contributor II

We have a field photo log application that has been in production since Sept 01.

Sometime between Sept 15 and Oct 04, the photos within Survey123 have changed how they are resized.

Photos are set to resize at 1920. Same device (iPhone 12 Pro). 

Sept: 1920 x 1440

Oct: 1920 x 1080

I just tested it on a iPhone 7 Plus, and the resize was 1920 x 1440.

Has anyone else experienced this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @DrewMoffitt,

Please refer to my comment in this post for a detailed explanation: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/whats-new-in-arcgis-survey123-september-2021/bc-...

In short, this is now expected with 3.13 and above, as the image size (resolution and aspect ratio) has been improved to match the screen/display size resolution and aspect ratio and honour the size set by the survey image settings or max-pixels. Previously images were always 4:3 and the wrong size, when taking an image on a 16:9 display. This was reported as a bug by several users wanting to make the most of the display/screen size for their photos.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @DrewMoffitt,

Please refer to my comment in this post for a detailed explanation: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/whats-new-in-arcgis-survey123-september-2021/bc-...

In short, this is now expected with 3.13 and above, as the image size (resolution and aspect ratio) has been improved to match the screen/display size resolution and aspect ratio and honour the size set by the survey image settings or max-pixels. Previously images were always 4:3 and the wrong size, when taking an image on a 16:9 display. This was reported as a bug by several users wanting to make the most of the display/screen size for their photos.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos