Passing Values from one Survey123 to another using Connect

Jump to solution
08-29-2017 12:37 PM
deleted-user-FTxtuSQd67Ur
New Contributor III

I am trying to create a survey where the user can open up other survey forms and pass information that was already in the first survey to the others.

I looked at the Custom Survey123 URL Scheme blog post and followed the steps, but when I go to check the survey it is still in text form and not a clickable link (below).

I am trying to pass a field in the current survey called "address" into a corresponding field in the survey to be opened called "owneraddress". Is there something in the syntax that I am doing wrong?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Carissa, within the second form that you are opening up and wanting to pass the values into

1. do you have the "bind::esri:fieldType to "esriFieldTypeString" and the "bind::esri:fieldLength" field up to a length that would except the values being passed?
  2. Are there any special characters within the address string being passed?
  3. Is the field name exactly how you spelled it above; "owneraddress"?

I have forms that pass text values back and forth, so I do not think that is the issue, unless there was an update that prevents this and that seems unlikely.

Could you possibly share the two xlxs forms with me? Maybe I can get some time this morning to take a look at them?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

try replacing {address} with ${address}.

You will need to use a Note field and then have a calculation that will concatenate the hyperlink string for you.

Try placing this within the calculation field for this line -

concat('<a href="arcgis-survey123://?itemID=1b9c1faba51a4d509704650a39b4268e&field:owneraddress=',${address},'">CHN Form</a>')

You will also wan to make sure that you have set the "bind::esri:fieldType to "esriFieldTypeString" and then set the "bind::esri:fieldLength" field up to a value of 800? I am unsure how many characters your values being passed from the ${address} are, but you want to give yourself plenty of data storage for those characters.

I think this should help you achieve what you want.

Cheers!

Mike

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Mike,

I pasted that into my calculate field within the note and the hyperlink did show up, but when I typed in an address to be passed, it opened up the new survey and the address field was still blank.

My CHN Form which is the one to be opened, my "owneraddress" field is a Text field, I'm not sure if that is a problem.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Carissa, within the second form that you are opening up and wanting to pass the values into

1. do you have the "bind::esri:fieldType to "esriFieldTypeString" and the "bind::esri:fieldLength" field up to a length that would except the values being passed?
  2. Are there any special characters within the address string being passed?
  3. Is the field name exactly how you spelled it above; "owneraddress"?

I have forms that pass text values back and forth, so I do not think that is the issue, unless there was an update that prevents this and that seems unlikely.

Could you possibly share the two xlxs forms with me? Maybe I can get some time this morning to take a look at them?

New Contributor III

Mike,

That did it! I didn't have the receiving field as the TypeString and when I changed that it worked!

Thanks so much for your help, this is going to be a big project for our guys out in the field!

Carissa

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Carissa, that's great news and now the sky is the limit on passing data between forms for you.

Good Luck!

0 Kudos