Passing updates in feature class to Choice sheet in Survey 123in

05-02-2018 12:00 AM
Dionisiobattad
Occasional Contributor

Dear All,

I am still learning to use Survey123.

I am trying to create a survey in Survey123 using attribute values from a feature class to populate the Choice sheet. I would like to re-populate this with any update in the feature class, e.g. my current list contains for example event# = 5 but the feature class was modified recently to contain event# = 7.

How can I pass this new info to survey123 without manually entering it? This will be helpful to me if I have a lot of info that needs to be removed and/or added to the Choice list.

Thanks for any help.

Dionisio

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dionisio,

When you mention 'feature class', I am assuming that you are referring to a feature service.

At the moment, the ability to dynamically populate a choice list is not possible, however we do have this listed as an enhancement request which we are considering for a future release. I will make sure to add a note regarding your desire for the functionality.

Thank you for the feedback.

Regards,

Brandon

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Dionisio,

Just letting you know that in the latest 3.12 beta builds available on the Survey123 Early Adopter Community we have made significant improvements to large choice lists which improve the survey load time in both Connect and the field app.

On top of this there are now some new ways you can manage your choice lists dynamically and update them without having to republish the survey, meaning choice lists can now be populated and updated dynamically from a CSV file or hosted table shared in ArcGIS or directly from a feature service using the search() function. Please check out the latest announcement on EAC and test out these new beta features with the latest 3.12 beta builds.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos