Passing Survey123 values and images to hosted layers

11-07-2018 08:19 AM
DavidMcClennen
New Contributor III

Im currently setting up a survey for a manhole inspection and I’m trying to figure out something. I have a depth field on the form and want to pass those values from there to the depth field on the associated layer. Is it possible to connect them so when its entered on the form and the survey is submitted its populated in the layers field? Or would I just have to manually enter those values. Attachments as well. It seems inefficient to collect images through 123 when I want them as attachments on my web layer. I can only think, that they would have to take the picture twice. Once in 123 for the form, and again in collector adding the pic to the feature. Does anyone have any insight into this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi David

When you publish a survey with survey123 connect it creates an underlying feature service and this is where the data actually gets stored. It is also possible to create a survey from an existing feature service, so you can have survey123 and Collector point to the same feature service. Please see the following for further information: Use Survey123 with existing feature services—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

In summary, the survey123 form should be updating your web layer directly, there is no need for duplication.

Thanks

John

DavidMcClennen
New Contributor III

Thanks Johnathan, tried it out with a water meter layer and it works just as you said. 

0 Kudos