Passing Parent GlobalID to Survey123 using Custom URL

07-17-2018 09:32 AM
ChristopherMatechik
New Contributor III

I would like to pass the parent global ID from Collector to Survey123 so it can populate an already existing related table that was created by a repeat in a different survey. I understand how to pass values to Survey123 using the Custom URL scheme, however, in this specific case I don't know how to refer to the parent global ID field in the related table. I can see it in the related table that Survey123 is working with, but I don't see where Survey123 stores this information.

For example, if I wanted the field in the survey called field_x to be populated with field_y from Collector I would add the following code onto the end of my URL:

&field:field_x={field_y}

However, as far as I can tell, ParentGlobalID is added to the table but not stored in the survey. Thus, the following code does not work:

&field:ParentGlobalID={GlobalID}

I realize I could just edit the table from Collector, but the field users asked that I do everything possible to integrate it with Survey123 so they can utilize the smart forms available in Survey123.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
FinnianO_Connor
Occasional Contributor II

I had the exact same requirement and the response from James Tedrick‌ at https://community.esri.com/thread/208613-pass-global-id-from-collector-to-g  documents the entire process.

Cheers,

Finnian

ChristopherMatechik
New Contributor III

Thank you. This is exactly what I needed.