Passing a field value to Survey123 does not seem to work if survey question has a "Relevant" condition set

Jump to solution
03-25-2019 01:56 PM
AlinaTaus
Occasional Contributor

I am creating a survey in Survey123 Connect for catch basin inspection and customizing the URL so that I can open the Survey from Collector and pass some parameters from my point feature class (catch basins) to autopopulate some of the answers. A couple of my questions are set up to be skipped if a certain condition is not met and I have noticed that I am unable to autopopulate those fields. For example,if the catch basin can't be located, I don't want the inspector to see the fields where they would have to record measurements like the outlet pipe elevation. However, if the basin is located and that information already exists in my point feature class I want that field to be autopopulated so the inspector knows they don't need to record it again. I know there are no errors in my URL because if I temporarily remove the condition set in the "relevant" column in my XLS form, then the field does get autopopulated. I am wondering if anybody else has run into this issue and whether there is a way to get this to work. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alina,

The relevant column controls more than the visibility of a question - it controls whether the question should be submitting data.  When non-relevant, a question does not store data.  You may want to revise the relevant statement to allow for values to come in by URL to be shown; this might use a hidden question to receive the value and then a calculation using the coalesce() function to get the value from the hidden question or form question.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alina,

The relevant column controls more than the visibility of a question - it controls whether the question should be submitting data.  When non-relevant, a question does not store data.  You may want to revise the relevant statement to allow for values to come in by URL to be shown; this might use a hidden question to receive the value and then a calculation using the coalesce() function to get the value from the hidden question or form question.

0 Kudos
AlinaTaus
Occasional Contributor

Hi James,

Thank you for responding and offering a solution. I got it to work using your suggested approach! 

Alina 

0 Kudos