Pass related data to Survey123

01-24-2020 07:29 AM
ColleenLippert1
New Contributor II

According to this thread: Are the Arcade FeatureSet functions supported in Collector?  it is not yet possible to use feature sets to pass related data from Collector to Survey123. It does however appear to be possible using an AGOL web map. I have tested and confirmed that this works in a web map but does not in Collector. 

Although passing related data works fine in an AGOL web map, I'm concerned about connectivity for folks in the field. Ideally, I'd like to utilize Collector to take advantage of offline use, but the functionality for passing related data to Survey123 doesn't seem to be there yet. Is there another way to take a web map offline? Or perhaps there is a different Arcade expression I can use that does not involve feature sets but still passes related data? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In theory you could use the {relationship/0/field} stuff that is available in the popup in the webmap.  But if it is 1:M then that is a no go. 

But I have never got these to work in Collector either.  I posted on the Collector board a few times about it but never got an answer.  Not sure if is a bug or what.  

Also see these posts in the Collector forum

https://community.esri.com/thread/229709-are-the-arcade-featureset-functions-supported-in-collector 

0 Kudos
ColleenLippert1
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply. I also tried just simply referencing the relationship/0/field and placing in the pop up. Unfortunately, I experience the same issue - it works in the web map but not in Collector. As you have already suggested, this appears to be more than just an issue with using arcade expressions or feature sets. It's as if Collector cannot recognize those relationship table fields.

I have actually already referenced the thread you have linked. It appears the issue has not been resolved yet and that feature sets will be incorporated into Collector sometime in the future.

The issue still remains with being able to view related data in the pop-up within Collector. As it appears to be impossible to pass to Survey123 in this way. 

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Correct I have found no way to do it. 

0 Kudos