Parsing xforms db

02-06-2018 09:27 AM
LeeBerryman
New Contributor III

We are currently working on an extended version of Survey123 adding some functionality for visualizing feature dependencies for a client.  There is a series question in the data and I need to parse it and run some calculations on it for the visualization.  Why can't I see any of the data from the related table when parsing the xforms db?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lee,

How are you parsing it?  Survey123 treats each form submission (parent & repeat) as one object, so you won't see separate entries in the submission table.   

0 Kudos
LeeBerryman
New Contributor III

Thanks James!  It appears that everything in "data" is called by the "rowid" but the only records seen here are those in the feature service.  I should note that I'm trying call records from the inbox, so they are pulling from the server.  After the records have been submitted to AGOL should the records be called from a different place than the xforms data?

0 Kudos
LeeBerryman
New Contributor III

Thanks James!  It appears that everything in "data" is called by the "rowid" but the only records seen here are those in the feature service.  I should note that I'm trying call records from the inbox, so they are pulling from the server.  After the records have been submitted to AGOL should the records be called from a different place than the xforms data?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lee,

Okay, I think I have some understanding of what you're trying to do.  This is a part of the Survey123 app that I'm not deeply proficient - I talked briefly about this with Erwin Soekianto, who might be able to help out.

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Lee, 

Where are you trying to do this parsing/calculation and visualization? (in terms of the QML file/s). 

Depending on what you are trying to get, I would assume, you can use the function "valueById" in  XForms/XFormData.qml to get the value you want to parse by using the field id. 

Do you simply just want to get the value then make changes for visualization or do you also need to update the value in Feature Service? 

Thanks,

Erwin.

0 Kudos
LeeBerryman
New Contributor III

Edwin,

Thanks for pointing us to the function.  Our developer is looking at that part of the .qml.  We currently are have written our own .qml module.  We will need both capabilities, visualizing and calculating off current values as well as updating those values in the feature service.

Lee

0 Kudos
LeeBerryman
New Contributor III

Edwin,

The function you refer to has all the data before it goes to the server, but when it is refreshed from the inbox for edits (pulled down from the server) all of the data from repeats are missing from the object.

Lee

0 Kudos