Output results of a multiple list as separate waypoints

01-30-2018 08:15 PM
LaurenDibben
New Contributor III

I have a need to save a separate waypoint (survey record) for a single species of bird observed at a bird survey point.  The fastest way to record birds seen at a bird survey point is to have a large select_multiple list, and select all the birds you saw at that location.  

However, I then want each bird to show up as a separate row in the data table - although with the same co-ordinates entered for the one survey. 

Is this or anything like it possible at this stage?

Thanks,

Lauren

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Lauren,

There is no current way to use a select_multiple to populate several records in the data table from within the field app, as each survey is an individual record (feature) in the feature layer. The only way to do this would be to use geoprocessing tools to create the duplicate records for each bird type selected after the records have been submitted.

However, have you considered using a related table. You could set up the feature layer to have the site information (date, location, user etc) and then a related table to have each bird occurrence seen (type of bird, comments etc). That way there will be one point and location on map (feature layer), and the related table will contain several records for each bird at the same location. The user would still need to select to add a new record for every bird they see, but all done within the same survey.

Not sure if that is a suitable option, but based on the limited detail and workflow you have provided, that is the only way I can see it working.

Regards,

Phil.

AndrewHargreaves2
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Philip Wilson

I have a similar need where I want to create a survey that sales staff can use to record if they've reached out to a customer each month. As described above, I'd like for them to be able to select multiple customers and check "YES" all in one survey, but generate several records (one for each selected customer).

If i understand you:

• The feature service needs only SALES_STAFF. This does NOT get updated by the submitted survey.
  • The related table is related to the above via SALES_STAFF: It also contains: CUSTOMER, DATE, CONTACTED (YES/NO).

What I'm failing to understand is that if a member of sales staff selects multiple customers, I still only get a single new record in my related table, with all those selected customers in a comma delimited list...right? If so, what's the need for a related table?

Thanks

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andrew,

Have you tried using repeat count and setting the number of selected values as the number selected in the select_multiple? This will then create the number of required related records?

Phil.

0 Kudos