Other people's surveys appear in my account

02-27-2019 05:07 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I go to the Survey123 site to manage my survey's, why am I seeing other people's surveys? It's not all of their survey's, only a couple. Is that due to the way they shared the survey? I'm the org admin and I've tried adjusting the sharing on some of them and they still show up in my account? So I'll see all my survey's and then a couple of other people's sprinkled in.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
megan_r
Esri Contributor

Hi Nathan,

When you login to survey123.arcgis.com (and also when you navigate to the My Surveys page), you will see the Surveys in your organization that have been shared with you/your organization/publicly. In order to limit the surveys to just your surveys, select the carrot next to "All Surveys" and select "Surveys I own."

Best,

Megan

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This works for for viewing my surveys, but doesn't explain the underlying issue. I have several people in our Org that have shared surveys with the organization. So why aren't those showing up in my All Surveys? I think Org-wide we have a dozen surveys that are shared to the organization, but I only see 2 of them. I go into those survey's and unshare to the Org, yet they still show up in my All Surveys. Again, we have several survey's shared to the Org but I only see certain ones.

It's not a big deal really, and I can select show my only, but I'm trying to figure out why some of the shared surveys show up and some don't. It's not making much sense. If I go to someone's survey folder in their account and unshare, is that different than sharing through Survey123?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Nathan,

When sharing via the Survey123 website and Collaborate page, we use Views for sharing and changing permissions related to the Stakeholder and Fieldworker. This is the recommended way to share surveys. If you change sharing and permissions only in AGO or Portal in the survey folder items, this may cause undesired effects and a mismatch in sharing and permissions with the views. Maybe this could explain the issue, sharing and permissions of the survey form item or feature service have been changes in AGO/Portal, and are now different to what the Survey123 website and its views expect?

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Nathan,

Also, when you are the Administrator of an AGO/Portal Org, you will have higher level permissions to see all items in the Org, therefore testing what others users see who are not an Administrator should be done with an account that is not an admin. The same applies in AGO and Survey123 website.

Phil.

0 Kudos