orderByFields not working Survey123 Summary Photo Report

Jump to solution
04-28-2021 12:06 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there, I'm trying to produce a summary report showing site photos collected along with some relevant text as a summary report and I'm running into an error with my syntax. I'm getting the error that "my tag"" is unopened", but I'm following the syntax shown in this blog: Survey123 Tricks of the Trade: Summary sections in... - Esri Community and everything appears to match up, so I'm not readily seeing what needs to change here.

I've attached three versions of my report word doc. The one titled _v2 outputs the photos, but not in order by photo ID, the ones titled _v3 and _v4 are just different attempts to achieve the result of the photos being ordered by photo ID ascending. I've also attached a copy of my Survey123 Connect xlsx form. Any thoughts or suggestions on my syntax would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sarah,
I was able to get Photo_Print_Site_Summary_v4 working with the following changes (see attached):

- Change end tag from ${/} to $</>
- Change $<$Summary> to $<$summary>
- Added a repeat to your summary table for the main layer, so now you can access the questions that are in the main body of the form. 

This is an old post, so you may not need this anymore, but I thought I'd pass it along just in case.

Thanks,
-Barbara

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sarah,
I was able to get Photo_Print_Site_Summary_v4 working with the following changes (see attached):

- Change end tag from ${/} to $</>
- Change $<$Summary> to $<$summary>
- Added a repeat to your summary table for the main layer, so now you can access the questions that are in the main body of the form. 

This is an old post, so you may not need this anymore, but I thought I'd pass it along just in case.

Thanks,
-Barbara

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Barbara! Your changes worked and I went ahead and modified the syntax further to include a sort by site name, as well as photo ID. We will be using this for annual reporting, so I very much appreciate your response/solution.

0 Kudos
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Great, glad you got it working!

0 Kudos
KrystaHouseknecht
New Contributor

Hi! I am having a problem getting my report to orderByFields on multiple columns. Your comment above says that you were able to include a sort by site name, as well as photo ID. Can you show me that code? What I'm trying to do is sort by City and then sort by Building_name after that; so all the cities are in order, along with the building names in ASC order.  Thanks! -Krysta

0 Kudos