_or other

Jump to solution
09-15-2017 08:15 AM
AmyHarrigan
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way to use this statement WITHOUT "other" ?

as an example: _or depth

so, rather than "other" showing up prompting you to "specify other,", you would get prompted to enter the "depth"

OR

use the _or other but somehow get the tag "specify other" to display another term?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Corey,

The or_other is a keyword to simplify the process of:

1) having an option in a select_one / select_multiple question labeled 'Other:'

2) have a question to capture the Other value

3) have that question be relevant only when the select question it's tied to has the 'Other:' choice selected

While you can't specify or_depth or another word for this, you can manually create a 'other' question with your custom text by doing the above.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi Corey,

The or_other is a keyword to simplify the process of:

1) having an option in a select_one / select_multiple question labeled 'Other:'

2) have a question to capture the Other value

3) have that question be relevant only when the select question it's tied to has the 'Other:' choice selected

While you can't specify or_depth or another word for this, you can manually create a 'other' question with your custom text by doing the above.

StacyGalassini
New Contributor

Hi James Tedrick. Can you help me with your Survey 123 script please? I am very new to python and am having issues with entering my data into the script properly. Do you have an example script that is already filled out with information? What I need to do is download the Survey 123 table that my archaeologists use to collect field notes. I don't need it to create a new table every time, overwriting the existing table would work. I want to then use that data to auto populate a report in My database, Microsoft Access. I was going to set up the python script in task scheduler to run at the end of the day. It seems very simple, but I can't figure it out. Thank you for your consideration. Stacy

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Stacy, 

This might be better served as a separate question in it's own right.

You may want to see if ArcREST/query_save_features_incremental.py at master · Esri/ArcREST · GitHub  might work - to will export the data to a CSV file.  I'm not familiar enough with Access scripting (either via python or in Access) to know what the automation for import into Access would look like.