Option to toggle off "save to my ArcGIS account" when generating Survey123 reports - old functionality taken away?

06-08-2023 07:19 AM
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

My attention was brought to this post today and I noticed in one of the comments, @KellyArmstrong posted this screenshot:

Katherine_Clark_0-1686233721198.png

That comment was from September 2021. I've actually never noticed that toggle button before, this is what the interface looks like currently for me:

Katherine_Clark_1-1686233825795.png

So my question is, was that toggle button functionality for saving to the ArcGIS account taken away at some point? It would be VERY useful to have the option to only have to save the generated reports locally instead of saving them to our organization content. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

You find now the option Skip and don't save this report when clicking on the small settings wheel next to the Save into my account option:

Capture.JPG

Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Ah ok - thanks for the response! Is there a way to have it set to that setting by default?

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

ACTUALLY @Nicole_Ueberschär  I was excited and thought that would address things, but it seems that setting is only for NAMING CONFLICTS. I tested with generating a new report, with that option selected, but the report title had a unique name and it was still added to my organizational content.

So, it appears the functionality was indeed taken away?

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

@IsmaelChivite Do you know the status of this functionality? Was it removed, or is it still possible to turn this option off?

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

Ha!🤔 I have to admit that I didn't test it. From the wording I was assuming that it would not save it. I agree with you and most of the cases I found it totally unnecessary to save the report in my content. 

0 Kudos