Select to view content in your preferred language

Option to force Survey123 to recreate domains from choice list

02-26-2024 12:41 PM
EricaNova
Occasional Contributor II

I love that the new version of Survey123 allows you to automatically create domains from your choice lists in the XLSForm.

However, I don't love the current behaviour of the app when I need to change my choice lists. I'm currently creating a survey, so my choices are changing as we make and change decisions over time. There are no data in my survey.

As I republish my survey, Survey123 gives me the option to update my domains:

EricaNova_0-1708979866505.png

So I can toggle the button on, but then I get a warning that this will create duplicate domain labels.

EricaNova_1-1708979947379.png

Where is the option to just re-create domains? This doesn't exist. Who would want duplicate domain labels?

I already made all my changes in the choice list, this should just update in AGOL. If we are expected to go manually remove the duplicates, Ok... but there is no option to actually export the table that is displayed in S123 connect. I can't even copy and paste the text. Further, I can't even expand the window! I have over 70 records in this table, and every time I try to scroll down, the table "hops back up" to the top, making it almost impossible to even screenshot the records I need to change. 

This is not user friendly. Has anyone found a way to get around this?

Thanks!

3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Nope. There are a few annoying small windows in Connect that I would love to see expanded. There are some good points here for the "Ideas" section.

0 Kudos
EricaNova
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks, I'll post a modified version there.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I think they are retained in case you have historical data.  This way if you have a choice from say last year it still looks good for the user in the map, etc.  

I agree a "totally wipe and start over option" would be nice.

0 Kudos