Select to view content in your preferred language

Option for repeating an entire survey

Jump to solution
12-13-2022 06:42 AM
GayleNeufeld
Frequent Contributor

I'm setting up a survey in which a subsistence fishing permit ID is entered and a series of questions regarding the activity on that survey are answered.  For this particular project, permits are assigned to an individual, so there can be more than one permit per household.  I would like to add a question at the end of the survey asking if there are more permit holders in the household, if yes, the entire survey is repeated, if no, the survey is closed.  Is it possible to repeat an entire survey rather than just parts of one? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NickGIS
Emerging Contributor

Using the WebApp, under options, there is the choice to "Submit another response".

If you tick that, it will add an link saying "Press here to submit another response." on the survey end (or thank you) page. You also have the option to force the survey to reload after X seconds.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It is possible to cache answers to questions, so that household details would be pre-filled for the next entry.

Prepopulate answers—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation

You could also dynamically generate a survey URL from the answers in the survey, but I don't know that you could change the end-of-survey page to show that URL based on a yes/no question. I would look into caching answers.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
NickGIS
Emerging Contributor

Using the WebApp, under options, there is the choice to "Submit another response".

If you tick that, it will add an link saying "Press here to submit another response." on the survey end (or thank you) page. You also have the option to force the survey to reload after X seconds.

0 Kudos
GayleNeufeld
Frequent Contributor

Thank you!  That's what I was looking for!

0 Kudos