Operation rolled back

01-21-2021 01:55 PM
JohnWatson_EBA
Occasional Contributor

I added a few dozen rows to an existing survey in Survey connect, so I decided to publish v2 as a new survey. No problem there, but when I use the Survey app on the iPad to complete a simple survey, it will not send, just sits in the outbox. I'm out of options so hopefully someone can suggest some things I can try. I zipped up the survey with the xlsx form.

I did update Survey Connect and the desktop Survey app to the most current versions, but that did not help.

The survey is published to AGOL with a hosted feature layer and a related table, with repeats set to 1.

Tagging @JamesTedrick and @IsmaelChivite | Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi.  This issue could relate to some limitation in the size of the row in ArcGIS Online. This is just a guess on my side at the moment. The error is too generic to tell. The survey works well if you reduce the number of columns (questions). In my own test, I progressively deleted questions within the repeat starting from the bottom until the form worked. I was able to get it to submit when I deleted all questions within the repeat higher than 185.  I think it will be worth having your case analyzed by the ArcGIS Online team at Tech Support. This does not seem like a Survey123 specific issue.

IsmaelChivite_0-1611714338779.png

I also wonder if the survey could be modeled differently so you do not have so many fields in your table.  I am a bit puzzled with your survey because I have seen larger surveys (more fields) submit OK to ArcGIS Online, but from my initial look at this, this is what I got.

0 Kudos
JohnWatson_EBA
Occasional Contributor

Thank you sir, I appreciate the feedback. The questions come from the client. With each job, there are different materials and equipment used, and with each of those, there is a cost and quantity associated. I added the hide me fields to help with the total calculation at the end. When they added several workforce assignments, that also added materials, so the survey ballooned. I do plan on contacting tech support today regarding this, so I am glad I have this feedback to start with. I'll report back if/when we come up with a solution.

0 Kudos