Offline Maps in Survey 123

Jump to solution
05-25-2022 04:12 AM
StephenMcManus78
New Contributor

Hi, I am having issues when creating Offline Map areas using ArcGIS Online and Fieldmaps.

I read that using ArcGIS Online only allows the BaseMap to be used offline and I need to use Fieldmaps for both BaseMap and Feature Layers to be included. However even when I try to create these areas even using FieldMaps (via Browser) it is still making only the BaseMap viewable when using these areas in Survey 123 application. 

It looks like I can create the BaseMap and Feature layer as an offline map in FieldMaps (App on device not in Browser), but I cannot view this in Survey 123. Is there away of sharing these? Also any reason why they do not show up in the Offline Manage Areas?

Any help or solution would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @StephenMcManus78,

You are correct, currently only Survey123 supports the basemap layer (not additional feature layers) when using Offline Map Areas. It doesn't matter if you create the Offline Map Area in AGO or Field Maps, the additional layers will not be displayed in Survey123. 

Offline map packages can not be shared between apps on iOS and Android. As they use these own secure application storage, any maps or offline content downloaded within an app can not be shared to another app. 

You are better off using an mmpk or other offline map packages that does support the additional layers you want to see when offline.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @StephenMcManus78,

You are correct, currently only Survey123 supports the basemap layer (not additional feature layers) when using Offline Map Areas. It doesn't matter if you create the Offline Map Area in AGO or Field Maps, the additional layers will not be displayed in Survey123. 

Offline map packages can not be shared between apps on iOS and Android. As they use these own secure application storage, any maps or offline content downloaded within an app can not be shared to another app. 

You are better off using an mmpk or other offline map packages that does support the additional layers you want to see when offline.

Regards,

Phil.

EmikoCondeso
New Contributor III

Hi there, has S123 added this function yet (showing more than basemaps in offline maps)?

0 Kudos