ODK validate error: form is invalid Survey123 Connect

Jump to solution
11-16-2021 01:03 PM
Hayley
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi there, 

I am trying to create a survey using an xls form in Connect however am getting this error: 

"Encountered a problem with readonly condition for note [${Building_1}] at line: multiline predicitivetext, couldn't understand the expression starting at this point"

Hayley_0-1637096421336.png

Any pointers on how to fix this? I have attached the xls form below. 

Thank you!

HL
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Looks like you did a copy/paste from a diff form and the columns did not line up correctly.  They changed the order a bit ago so old forms will not paste in correctly.  Like you have field-list for read only which is not valid (just yes/no).

Also it is complaining on links.  This means you used Ctl-C V which makes a link to the original sheet.  You always want to right click Paste Values in 123.  All your drops downs are messed up now too.

I suggest you start with a new survey and go column by column and use Paste values to clean it all up.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Looks like you did a copy/paste from a diff form and the columns did not line up correctly.  They changed the order a bit ago so old forms will not paste in correctly.  Like you have field-list for read only which is not valid (just yes/no).

Also it is complaining on links.  This means you used Ctl-C V which makes a link to the original sheet.  You always want to right click Paste Values in 123.  All your drops downs are messed up now too.

I suggest you start with a new survey and go column by column and use Paste values to clean it all up.

Hope that helps

Hayley
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Doug, 

That did the job, thank you! Helpful to know 🙂

HL
0 Kudos