Now We Can't Add New Questions Without Destroying Existing Survey?

01-18-2019 06:19 AM
JeffJackson4
New Contributor III

Something weird is going on when I try and modify an existing survey.  In the past, I have been able to add new questions to an existing survey and republish without the risk of losing existing data.  Long story short, but we already had one data loss without any warning and it took ESRI over a month to get the problem resolved and the data restored.  It was a real pain in the hind quarters.  So I am not looking to go down that route again.

We are adding a new State to some monitoring work we are doing, and as such, require some additional information to be collected.  So I started by adding a new line to the xlsx file.  It is just a text field that shows up IF the project is in this new state and only in that new state so that the monitor can put his or her company name in.

Works fine locally.  But as soon as I go to up load the form and publish it, I am now hit with a warning that I have never received before when simply adding a question.

I know what happens if I ignore this warning.  And it seems silly to get it when we are just adding a new line to the survey.  Again, in the past we never had this issue.

I checked to make sure that something hadn't changed and according to the list provided by ESRI, I should be able to add questions without blowing up the current survey.

So, what's the issue?  We have to get and other new questions added to the added to the survey ASAP in order to meet client demands.

Anyone have a resolution for this problem?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jeff,

What you are seeing is intended - It is asking you to confirm that the fields will be added to hosted feature service.  This does not republish the table, just add the fields to it.

0 Kudos
JeffJackson4
New Contributor III

Ok.  Thank you.  Is this a new feature?  It's never popped up before now.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jeff,

This was added in version 2.5 (late 2017).

0 Kudos