Select to view content in your preferred language

Notes to show up under each individual photo

Jump to solution
01-19-2023 12:07 PM
Labels (1)
JennaMorse
New Contributor

Hello,

I am using Survey 123 to inspection reports in the field. I have the survey set up to allow photos to be added. I currently have a untitled multiline text box as the next field in the survey, to give me an opportunity to describe what we are focusing on in the photos. When I run my reports, the notes I took regarding the photos appear below the last photo. Is there a way to create a note for each individual photo, so there is less editing when I run my reports? I would like specific notes to align with specific photos without additional editing, if this is not too difficult to achieve. Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

If you have your photo question within a repeat, and a text question after it for photo notes, anything entered will be associated with that specific photo. 

I actually just made a report template with this functionality the other day. Since it's within a repeat, it will print out as many records as necessary (i.e. create new rows in the table within the word document template)

Katherine_Clark_0-1674159099199.png

Hope that helps!

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

If you have your photo question within a repeat, and a text question after it for photo notes, anything entered will be associated with that specific photo. 

I actually just made a report template with this functionality the other day. Since it's within a repeat, it will print out as many records as necessary (i.e. create new rows in the table within the word document template)

Katherine_Clark_0-1674159099199.png

Hope that helps!

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
JoeRob_AWPM
New Contributor

Having a very similar issue but I think its rooted at the database level.

Im trying give the user the ability to add notes to the images. I have added the "image_notes" field to the attachment table, however, the attachment table is not showing up in the rest service. Therefore, I can't publish. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos