Select to view content in your preferred language

Note disappears from web design

Jump to solution
06-06-2024 07:56 AM
JenniferRead1
New Contributor II

I have a Survey that I have re-built twice in web design and have generated the same issue.  When I put the second note in the web design form, the note and anything after it disappears from the survey.  The note and additional fields will appear on the preview and they appear on the app if the survey is published.  I have 2 notes in the form.  Everything works fine on the first one note. It has a visible rule set "if the previous field is Yes/No". The second note I am making visible if a value of a field is greater than .85.  The note functions right in the preview and the published survey and shows up on the schema, but it does not show on the design and it prohibits any additional fields from showing up on the design, although I know there are 4 more additional fields.  What is causing this and how can I prevent?  Is there a way to get these fields to show again?  Is this a bug?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Not a ton to go on here without seeing it but I have in the past seen issues where the web gets confused with . notation and html - like you said .85.  I changed my to 0.85 and then things all worked.  I would try that first.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Disclaimer: I tend to avoid the web designer for a bunch of reasons, so not an expert on it.

But, have you tried removing the conditional statements to see if that is the issue?

Also, I am wondering if the design space and production space for web designer handle numbers differently. You mentioned the condition is ".85". Is there a proper number being fed into that condition, or is it text stored as a number?

0 Kudos
JenniferRead1
New Contributor II

On the calculation for the visibility I am referencing a previous question that is set up as a number and then using greater than value and putting in the value of .85.  I could see what you are saying about the web designer handling different, but all "visible or not visible" fields should be shown in the web design?  I am not able to see the field at all on the design once I make this note and put this calculation. The first time I created the form I added the note after I had saved with about four fields under where I added the note.  Once the note was added and I hit save again and refreshed, the note and any of the fields under that note have disappeared from the web design.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Try @DougBrowning suggestion of changing the vale to "0.85" rather than ".85"

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Not a ton to go on here without seeing it but I have in the past seen issues where the web gets confused with . notation and html - like you said .85.  I changed my to 0.85 and then things all worked.  I would try that first.