NOT WORKING- Survey123 Connect Image Question method= camera

Jump to solution
07-19-2023 07:13 PM
Carrie
by
New Contributor II

I am not able to control the source of my image question. No matter what I set the body::esri:style to (method=camera, method=camera,browse or leaving it blank), I only see a folder in Survey Connect. I've updated Surevy123 Connect but it didn't change anything. Anyone have any suggestions as to what is going on?

Carrie_1-1689819079713.png

Carrie_0-1689818898258.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Carrie

If the Windows machine that Survey123 Connect is running on does not have a camera (or if its camera is disabled) the camera button will be hidden on the survey form. Could that be the case here?

Please try publishing your survey and opening it in the Survey123 field app on a device that has a camera to verify that you can see the camera button for your survey.

Best, Jim

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Carrie

If the Windows machine that Survey123 Connect is running on does not have a camera (or if its camera is disabled) the camera button will be hidden on the survey form. Could that be the case here?

Please try publishing your survey and opening it in the Survey123 field app on a device that has a camera to verify that you can see the camera button for your survey.

Best, Jim

Carrie
by
New Contributor II

Yes, that was it. Sometimes I unplug my webcam when I am not using it. When I plugged it back in I can see the camera in Survey Connect. Thank you!

Carrie
by
New Contributor II

I think it may only be showing up this way on Survey Connect. The camera shows up on my tablet after I publish it. It was nice having it on Survey Connect because I could easily check the progress of my watermark, instead of updating and saving my xlsform, then republishing my form, grabbing my tablet and filling out my form to get my watermark tested. 

0 Kudos