Not Working: Share a survey created from a non-hosted feature in portal and users see the data via s123 web site

07-22-2019 07:26 AM
josevaldes1
Occasional Contributor

The problem:  create a survey from a non hosted feature that reside in sql, in portal 10.6. the survey is created with connect and the users will use the windows app

I go to survey123 website redirecting to our portal. select the survey go to collaborate->submitter and make the selections, click save. tested the user can see the survey in the app and add data.

Go again to survey website ,select the survey ,collaborate->viewer , say that the same group can view the data because is non hosted. click save and give an error also create a new feature call stakeholder. 

The users go to survey123 website with the redirection to our portal and do not see the survey so they cannot see the data.

If the survey is created form a hosted feature inside portal the viewer tab give no error , create the stakeholder view ans the users are able to see the shared survey in s123 web site and see the data and reports.

I live in Puerto Rico were about to years ago was impact by a mayor hurricane.

We are preparing a project to inspect the houses to make sure that are reconstructed with the codes so they  resist the wind forces. It includes the use of survey to take the data and takes photos, also is needed to create reports  and the versatility that s123 website give to see the data and create report is perfect. I found an alternative for the reports using a open source reporter but our inspector are going to be outside the agency most of the time , and right now only work if they are in the internal network. Also does not have the alternative to use a word template like s123 website.  

Does this scenario supposed to work, or are not supported?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JodyZhengLiu
Esri Contributor

Hi Jose,

What is the error message you are seeing? Sharing the date to viewers will create a stakeholder view in the folder: https://support.esri.com/en/Technical-Article/000019065. Could you please try to sharing the stakeholder view manually to the group via portal? For feature report, only the survey owner will be able to upload report templates, and all stakeholders as shared in Collaborate tab - Views will be able to view survey data and print reports if they have adequate privileges.   

Thanks,

Jody Zheng Liu

0 Kudos
josevaldes1
Occasional Contributor

Hi. thanks for the response. I found that the stake holder view that survey123 create is a hosted view. The feature I am using is not hosted, is in an enterprise database, SQL. when s123 create the stakeholder view give a 500 error. the stakeholder is create but cant see data because the feature that suppose to reference is non-hosted. I try to create a manual stakeholder feature pointing to the real feature and sharing but no success, user cant see the data in s123 web site.

The view tab on s123 web site says that  "The same groups of users who can submit data can also view results. This is because the survey is created from a non-hosted feature service which does not support feature service view."

but in reality this not work. the users don't see the survey when enter s123website (redirected to our portal). I share the survey using the Submitter tab ins s123 website.

I already test with a survey that is created with a hosted feature in Portal and works perfect.

And may question is : How to share a non-hosted feature Survey in Portal so the users see the data in the s123website?

Our Portal is 10.6 and the survey is created with connect.

Thanks.

0 Kudos